50 U.S. Code § 1906 - Annual report
(a) Annual report
(1) The Secretary shall submit to the President and to the congressional intelligence committees an annual report of the conduct of the program required by this chapter.
(2) The report submitted to the President shall be submitted each year at the time that the President’s budget for the next fiscal year is submitted to Congress pursuant to section 1105 of title 31.
(b) Contents of report
Each such report shall contain—
(1) an analysis of the trends within language, international, area, and counterproliferation studies, along with a survey of such areas as the Secretary determines are receiving inadequate attention;
(3) an analysis of the assistance provided under the program for the previous fiscal year, to include the subject areas being addressed and the nature of the assistance provided;
(4) an analysis of the performance of the individuals who received assistance under the program during the previous fiscal year, to include the degree to which assistance was terminated under the program and the extent to which individual recipients failed to meet their obligations under the program;
(5) an analysis of the results of the program for the previous fiscal year, and cumulatively, to include, at a minimum—
(A) the percentage of individuals who have received assistance under the program who subsequently became employees of the United States Government;
(B) in the case of individuals who did not subsequently become employees of the United States Government, an analysis of the reasons why they did not become employees and an explanation as to what use, if any, was made of the assistance by those recipients; and
(6) the current list of agencies and offices of the Federal Government required to be developed by section 1902 (g) of this title; and
(c) Submission of initial report
The first report under this section shall be submitted at the time the budget for fiscal year 1994 is submitted to Congress.
During the preparation of each report required by subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary shall consult with the members of the Board specified in paragraphs (1) through (7) of section 1903 (b)  of this title. Each such member shall submit to the Secretary an assessment of their hiring needs in the areas of language and area studies and a projection of the deficiencies in such areas. The Secretary shall include all assessments in the report required by subsection (a) of this section.
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 102–183, title VIII, § 806,Dec. 4, 1991, 105 Stat. 1276; Pub. L. 103–178, title III, § 311(b)(1),Dec. 3, 1993, 107 Stat. 2037; Pub. L. 104–201, div. A, title X, § 1078(f)(3),Sept. 23, 1996, 110 Stat. 2667; Pub. L. 105–272, title III, § 305(a)(4),Oct. 20, 1998, 112 Stat. 2401; Pub. L. 107–306, title VIII, § 811(b)(7)(A),Nov. 27, 2002, 116 Stat. 2425.)
References in Text
Section 1903 (b) of this title, referred to in subsec. (d), was amended and now specifies members of the Board in paragraphs (1) to (9).
2002—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 107–306designated first and second sentences as pars. (1) and (2), respectively, in par. (1), substituted “the congressional intelligence committees” for “the Congress”, in par. (2), inserted “submitted to the President” after “The report”, and added par. (3).
1998—Subsec. (b)(1). Pub. L. 105–272substituted “area, and counterproliferation” for “and area”.
1996—Subsec. (b)(5) to (7). Pub. L. 104–201struck out “and” at end of par. (5), added par. (6), and redesignated former par. (6) as (7).
1993—Subsec. (d). Pub. L. 103–178added subsec. (d).