(1) Aeronautical and space activities.— The term “aeronautical and space activities” has the meaning given the term in section
20103 of this title.
(2) Field related to space.— The term “field related to space” means any academic discipline or field of study (including the physical, natural, and biological sciences, and engineering, space technology, education, economics, sociology, communications, planning, law, international affairs, and public administration) which is concerned with or likely to improve the understanding, assessment, development, and utilization of space.
(3) Panel.— The term “panel” means the space grant review panel established pursuant to section
40308 of this title.
(4) Person.— The term “person” means any individual, any public or private corporation, partnership, or other association or entity (including any space grant college, space grant regional consortium, institution of higher education, institute, or laboratory), or any State, political subdivision of a State, or agency or officer of a State or political subdivision of a State.
(5) Space environment.— The term “space environment” means the environment beyond the sensible atmosphere of the Earth.
(6) Space grant college.— The term “space grant college” means any public or private institution of higher education which is designated as such by the Administrator pursuant to section
40306 of this title.
(7) Space grant program.— The term “space grant program” means any program that—
(A)is administered by any space grant college, space grant regional consortium, institution of higher education, institute, laboratory, or State or local agency; and
(B)includes 2 or more projects involving education and one or more of the following activities in the fields related to space:
(8) Space grant regional consortium.— The term “space grant regional consortium” means any association or other alliance that is designated as a space grant regional consortium by the Administrator pursuant to section
40306 of this title.
(9) Space resource.— The term “space resource” means any tangible or intangible benefit which can be realized only from—
(A)aeronautical and space activities; or
(B)advancements in any field related to space.
(10) State.— The term “State” means any State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or any other territory or possession of the United States.
Pub. L. 100–147, title II, § 204, Oct. 30, 1987, 101 Stat. 870.
The definitions of “Administration” and “Administrator” in section 204 of the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Act (Public Law 100–147, title II, 101 Stat. 870) are omitted as unnecessary because of the definitions added by section
10101 of title
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.