7 U.S. Code § 4802 - Definitions
For purposes of this chapter:
(1) The term “Board” means the National Pork Board established under section 4808 of this title.
(2) The term “consumer information” means an activity intended to broaden the understanding of sound nutritional attributes of pork or pork products, including the role of pork or pork products in a balanced, healthy diet.
(3) The term “Delegate Body” means the National Pork Producers Delegate Body established under section 4806 of this title.
(4) The term “imported” means entered, or withdrawn from a warehouse for consumption, in the customs territory of the United States.
(5) The term “importer” means a person who imports porcine animals, pork, or pork products into the United States.
(6) The term “order” means a pork and pork products promotion, research, and consumer information order issued under section 4803 of this title.
(7) The term “person” means an individual, group of individuals, partnership, corporation, association, organization, cooperative, or other entity.
(8) The term “porcine animal” means a swine raised for—
(11) The term “producer” means a person who produces porcine animals in the United States for sale in commerce.
(12) The term “promotion” means an action, including paid advertising, taken to present a favorable image for porcine animals, pork, or pork products to the public with the intent of improving the competitive position and stimulating sales of porcine animals, pork, or pork products.
(13) The term “research” means—
(A) research designed to advance, expand, or improve the image, desirability, nutritional value, usage, marketability, production, or quality of porcine animals, pork, or pork products; or
(16) The term “State association” means—
(A) the single organization of pork producers in a State that is—