7 U.S. Code Chapter 9 - PACKERS AND STOCKYARDS
- SUBCHAPTER I—GENERAL DEFINITIONS (§§ 181–183)
- SUBCHAPTER II—PACKERS GENERALLY (§§ 191–198b)
- SUBCHAPTER III—STOCKYARDS AND STOCKYARD DEALERS (§§ 201–217a)
- SUBCHAPTER IV—LIVE POULTRY DEALERS AND HANDLERS (§ 218_to_218d)
- SUBCHAPTER V—GENERAL PROVISIONS (§§ 221–229c)
- SUBCHAPTER VI—CHARGE FOR INSPECTION (§ 231)
191. “Packer” defined. 192. Unlawful practices enumerated. 193. Procedure before Secretary for violations. 194. Conclusiveness of order; appeal and review. 195. Punishment for violation of order. 196. Statutory trust established; livestock. 197. Statutory trust established; poultry. 197a. Production contracts. 197b. Choice of law and venue. 197c. Arbitration.
198. Definitions. 198a. Swine packer marketing contracts offered to producers. 198b. Report on the Secretary’s jurisdiction, power, duties, and authorities. SUBCHAPTER III—STOCKYARDS AND STOCKYARD DEALERS 201. “Stockyard owner”; “stockyard services”; “market agency”; “dealer”; defined. 202. “Stockyard” defined; determination by Secretary as to particular yard. 203. Activity as stockyard dealer or market agency; benefits to business and welfare of stockyard; registration; penalty for failure to register. 204. Bond and suspension of registrants. 205. General duty as to services; revocation of registration. 206. Rates and charges generally; discrimination. 207. Schedule of rates. 208. Unreasonable or discriminatory practices generally; rights of stockyard owner of management and regulation. 209. Liability to individuals for violations; enforcement generally. 210. Proceedings before Secretary for violations. 211. Order of Secretary as to charges or practices; prescribing rates and practices generally. 212. Prescribing rates and practices to prevent discrimination between intrastate and interstate commerce. 213. Prevention of unfair, discriminatory, or deceptive practices. 214. Effective date of orders. 215. Failure to obey orders; punishment. 216. Proceedings to enforce orders; injunction. 217. Proceedings for suspension of orders. 217a. Fees for inspection of brands or marks. SUBCHAPTER IV—LIVE POULTRY DEALERS AND HANDLERS 218 to 218d. Repealed. SUBCHAPTER V—GENERAL PROVISIONS 221. Accounts and records of business; punishment for failure to keep. 222. Federal Trade Commission powers adopted for enforcement of chapter. 223. Responsibility of principal for act or omission of agent. 224. Attorney General to institute court proceedings for enforcement. 225. Laws unaffected. 226. Powers of Interstate Commerce Commission unaffected. 227. Powers of Federal Trade Commission and Secretary of Agriculture. 228. Authority of Secretary. 228a. Authority of Secretary to request temporary injunction or restraining order. 228b. Prompt payment for purchase of livestock. 228b–1. Final date for making payment to cash seller or poultry grower. 228b–2. Violations by live poultry dealers. 228b–3. Judicial review of order regarding live poultry dealer. 228b–4. Violation of final order by live poultry dealer; penalty. 228c. Federal preemption of State and local requirements. 228d. Annual assessment of cattle and hog industries. 229. Annual report. 229a. Repealed. 229b. Right to discuss terms of contract. 229c. Separability. SUBCHAPTER VI—CHARGE FOR INSPECTION 231. Omitted.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
|7 USC||Description of Change||Session Year||Public Law||Statutes at Large|