9 U.S. Code Chapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
- § 1. “Maritime transactions” and “commerce” defined; exceptions to operation of title
- § 2. Validity, irrevocability, and enforcement of agreements to arbitrate
- § 3. Stay of proceedings where issue therein referable to arbitration
- § 4. Failure to arbitrate under agreement; petition to United States court having jurisdiction for order to compel arbitration; notice and service thereof; hearing and determination
- § 5. Appointment of arbitrators or umpire
- § 6. Application heard as motion
- § 7. Witnesses before arbitrators; fees; compelling attendance
- § 8. Proceedings begun by libel in admiralty and seizure of vessel or property
- § 9. Award of arbitrators; confirmation; jurisdiction; procedure
- § 10. Same; vacation; grounds; rehearing
- § 11. Same; modification or correction; grounds; order
- § 12. Notice of motions to vacate or modify; service; stay of proceedings
- § 13. Papers filed with order on motions; judgment; docketing; force and effect; enforcement
- § 14. Contracts not affected
- § 15. Inapplicability of the Act of State doctrine
- § 16. Appeals
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for the contained sections. If there are multiple sections, they are presented in section number order (original document order).
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
|9 USC||Description of Change||Session Year||Public Law||Statutes at Large|
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.