Insanity and diminished capacity
- Theoretical background: An important distinction: "Not guilty by reason of insanity" versus "diminished capacity"
- Related legal issues:
- The UNABOM case: the law of evidence and sentencing; admissibility of evidence; the constitutional law of double jeopardy.
- The Hinckley case: the assassination attempt of President Reagan
- Colin Ferguson - The Long Island Railroad gunman
Supreme Court cases on the insanity defense and diminished capacity
In the news...
- Federal Insanity Defense Reform Act of 1984 (IDRA)