Duration of audio: 17.5
Acquainted with the Audio Recording and Editing Tools
- Beware of presentation software that will lock you into an inflexible
and proprietary format
(the fatal attraction of [brand name] Presenter or Producer
- The importance of creating and maintaining in an editable format
(dealing with coughs, ums, pauses, and dropped words)
- Recording at the computer rather than by means of a separate recording
some attractive (and inexpensive) options
- The full setup
(computer with sound card and speakers, a head mike, and capable
audio editing software)
- The microphone
- Audio software
(criteria and a recommendation: Audacity – http://audacity.sourceforge.net)
familiar with the processes of recording and editing yourself –
a simple exercise
- Setting your preferences and testing the setup
(Audacity's controls and menu choices)
- An exercise designed to introduce the basic moves
- Record a short text passage including hesitations and blemishes
(an "umm" or cough) and omitting a critical word or two.
- Delete the flaws of commission.
- Place labels at points needing insertions.
- Record and paste insertions.
- Adjust the amplitude.
- Optional: adjust the tempo, adjust the pitch.
- Repeat until comfortable with the process and pleased with