10 CFR 2.1320 - Responsibility and power of the Presiding Officer in an oral hearing.
(a) The Presiding Officer in any oral hearing shall conduct a fair hearing, develop a record that will contribute to informed decisionmaking, and, within the framework of the Commission's orders, have the power necessary to achieve these ends, including the power to:
(1) Take action to avoid unnecessary delay and maintain order;
(2) Dispose of procedural requests;
(4) Order consolidation of participants;
(5) Establish the order of presentation;
(6) Hold conferences before or during the hearing;
(7) Establish time limits;
(8) Limit the number of witnesses; and
(9) Strike or reject duplicative, unreliable, immaterial, or irrelevant presentations.
(b) Where the Commission itself does not preside:
(2) Any hearing order may be modified by the Commission; and