10 CFR 30.33 - General requirements for issuance of specific licenses.
(a) An application for a specific license will be approved if:
(1) The application is for a purpose authorized by the Act;
(2) The applicant's proposed equipment and facilities are adequate to protect health and minimize danger to life or property;
(3) The applicant is qualified by training and experience to use the material for the purpose requested in such manner as to protect health and minimize danger to life or property;
(4) The applicant satisfies any special requirements contained in parts 32 through 37 and 39 of this chapter; and
(5) In the case of an application for a license to receive and possess byproduct material for the conduct of any activity which the NRC determines will significantly affect the quality of the environment, the Director, Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards or his/her designee, before commencement of construction of the plant or facility in which the activity will be conducted, on the basis of information filed and evaluations made pursuant to subpart A of part 51 of this chapter, has concluded, after weighing the environmental, economic, technical, and other benefits against environmental costs and considering available alternatives, that the action called for is the issuance of the proposed license, with any appropriate conditions to protect environmental values. Commencement of construction prior to such conclusion shall be grounds for denial of a license to receive and possess byproduct material in such plant or facility. Commencement of construction as defined in § 30.4 may include non-construction activities if the activity has a reasonable nexus to radiological safety and security.
(b) Upon a determination that an application meets the requirements of the Act, and the regulations of the Commission, the Commission will issue a specific license authorizing the possession and use of byproduct material (Form NRC 374, “Byproduct Material License”).
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 30 after this date.
- 10 CFR 32.57 — Calibration or Reference Sources Containing Americium-241 or Radium-226: Requirements for License to Manufacture or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.53 — Luminous Safety Devices for Use in Aircraft: Requirements for License to Manufacture, Assemble, Repair or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.26 — Gas and Aerosol Detectors Containing Byproduct Material: Requirements for License to Manufacture, Process, Produce, or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.14 — Certain Items Containing Byproduct Material; Requirements for License to Apply or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 36.13 — Specific Licenses for Irradiators.
- 10 CFR 32.21 — Radioactive Drug: Manufacture, Preparation, or Transfer for Commercial Distribution of Capsules Containing Carbon-14 Urea Each for “in Vivo” Diagnostic Use for Humans to Persons Exempt From Licensing; Requirements for a License.
- 10 CFR 32.71 — Manufacture and Distribution of Byproduct Material for Certain in Vitro Clinical or Laboratory Testing Under General License.
- 10 CFR 32.22 — Self-Luminous Products Containing Tritium, Krypton-85 or Promethium-147: Requirements for License to Manufacture, Process, Produce, or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.11 — Introduction of Byproduct Material in Exempt Concentrations Into Products or Materials, and Transfer of Ownership or Possession: Requirements for License.
- 10 CFR 32.74 — Manufacture and Distribution of Sources or Devices Containing Byproduct Material for Medical Use.
- 10 CFR 32.51 — Byproduct Material Contained in Devices for Use Under § 31.5; Requirements for License to Manufacture, or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.30 — Certain Industrial Devices Containing Byproduct Material: Requirements for License to Manufacture, Process, Produce, or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.61 — Ice Detection Devices Containing Strontium-90; Requirements for License to Manufacture or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 34.13 — Specific License for Industrial Radiography.
- 10 CFR 32.18 — Manufacture, Distribution and Transfer of Exempt Quantities of Byproduct Material: Requirements for License.
- 10 CFR 39.13 — Specific Licenses for Well Logging.
- 10 CFR 33.13 — Requirements for the Issuance of a Type a Specific License of Broad Scope.
- 10 CFR 33.14 — Requirements for the Issuance of a Type B Specific License of Broad Scope.
- 10 CFR 33.15 — Requirements for the Issuance of a Type C Specific License of Broad Scope.
- 10 CFR 30.39 — Commission Action on Applications to Renew or Amend.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 10.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.