10 CFR 600.30 - Cost sharing.
(a) Cost sharing is required for most financial assistanceawards for research, development, demonstration and commercial applications activities initiated after the enactment of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 on August 8, 2005. This requirement does not apply to:
(2) A program with cost sharing requirements defined by other than Section 988 of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 including other sections of the 2005 Act and the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
(1) A research or development activity of a basic or fundamental nature has been excluded by an appropriate officer of the Department, generally an Under Secretary; or
(2) The Secretary has determined it is necessary and appropriate to reduce or eliminate the cost sharing requirement for a research and development activity of an applied nature.
(c) A cost share of at least 50 percent of the cost of a demonstration or commercial application program or activity is required unless the Secretary has determined it is necessary and appropriate to reduce the cost sharing requirements, taking into consideration any technological risk relating to the activity.
(d) Cost share shall be provided by non-Federal funds unless otherwise authorized by statute. In calculating the amount of the non-Federal contribution:
(1) Base the non-Federal contribution on total project costs, including the cost of work where funds are provided directly to a partner, consortium member or subrecipient, such as a Federally Funded Research and Development Center;
(2) Include the following costs as allowable in accordance with the applicable cost principles:
(ii) Personnel costs;
(iii) The value of a service, other resource, or third party in-kind contribution determined in accordance with the applicable circular of the Office of Management and Budget;
(iv) Indirect costs or facilities and administrative costs; and/or
(v) Any funds received under the power program of the Tennessee Valley Authority (except to the extent that such funds are made available under an annual appropriation Act);
(3) Exclude the following costs:
(i) Revenues or royalties from the prospective operation of an activity beyond the time considered in the award;
(ii) Proceeds from the prospective sale of an asset of an activity; or
(iii) Other appropriated Federal funds.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 600.