10 CFR 600.4 - Deviations.
(1) A deviation is the use of any policy, procedure, form, standard, term, or condition which varies from a requirement of this part, or the waiver of any such requirement, unless such use or waiver is authorized or precluded by Federal statute. The use of optional or discretionary provisions of this part, including special restrictive conditions used in accordance with §§ 600.114, 600.212, and 600.304 are not deviations. Awards to foreign entities and the waiver of the cost sharing requirements in § 600.30 are not subject to this section.
(1) Necessary to achieve program objectives;
(2) Necessary to conserve public funds;
(3) Otherwise essential to the public interest; or
(4) Necessary to achieve equity.
(1) A deviation request must be in writing and must be submitted to the responsible DOE Contracting Officer. An applicant for a subaward or a subrecipient shall submit any such request through the recipient.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (c)(3) of this section -
(i) A single-case deviation may be authorized by the responsible HCA.
(ii) A class deviation may be authorized by the Director, Procurement and Assistance Management or designee.
(3) Whenever the approval of OMB, other Federal agency, or other DOE office is required to authorize a deviation, the proposed deviation must be submitted to the Director, Procurement and Assistance Management or designee for concurrence prior to submission to the authorizing official.
(d)Notice. Whenever a request for a class deviation is approved, DOE shall publish a notice in the Federal Register at least 15 days before the class deviation becomes effective. Whenever a class deviation is contained in a proposed program rule, the preamble to the proposed rule shall describe the purpose and scope of the deviation.
Title 10 published on 09-Nov-2018 03:26
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 600 after this date.
- 10 CFR 600.22 — Disputes and Appeals.
- 10 CFR 600.125 — Revision of Budget and Program Plans.
- 10 CFR 600.140 — Purpose of Procurement Standards.
- 10 CFR 600.205 — Additions and Exceptions.
- 10 CFR 600.114 — Special Award Conditions.
- 10 CFR 600.103 — Deviations.
- 10 CFR 600.102 — Effect on Other Issuances.