§ 602.5Epidemiology and Other Health Studies Financial Assistance Program.
(a) DOE may issue under this part awards for research, education/training, conferences, communication, and related activities in the Office of Environment, Health, Safety, and Security program areas set forth in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) The program areas are:
(1) Health experience of DOE and DOE contractor workers;
(2) Health experience of populations living near DOE facilities;
(3) Workers exposed to toxic substances, such as beryllium;
(4) Use of biomarkers to recognize exposure to toxic substances;
(5) Epidemiology and other health studies relating to energy production, transmission, and use (including electromagnetic fields) in the United States and abroad;
(6) Compilation, documentation, management, use, and analysis of data for the DOE Comprehensive Epidemiologic Data Resource; and
(7) Other systems or activities enhancing these areas, as well as other program areas as may be described by notice published in theFederal Register.