10 CFR 609.11 - Lender eligibility and servicing requirements.
(1) Not be debarred or suspended from participation in a Federal government contract (under48 CFR part 9.4) or participation in a non-procurement activity (under a set of uniform regulations implemented for numerous agencies, such as DOE, at 2 CFR part 180);
(3) Be legally authorized to enter into loan guarantee transactions authorized by the Act and these regulations and is in good standing with DOE and other Federal agency loan guarantee programs;
(4) Be able to demonstrate, or has access to, experience in originating and servicing loans for commercial projects similar in size and scope to the project under consideration; and
(5) Be able to demonstrate experience or capability as the lead lender or underwriter by presenting evidence of its participation in large commercial projects or energy-related projects or other relevant experience; or
(b) When performing its duties to review and evaluate a proposed Eligible Project prior to the submission of a Pre-Application or Application, as appropriate, by the Project Sponsor through the execution of a Loan Guarantee Agreement, the Eligible Lender or DOE if loans are funded by the Federal Financing Bank, shall exercise the level of care and diligence that a reasonable and prudent lender would exercise when reviewing, evaluating and disbursing a loan made by it without a Federal guarantee.
(c) The servicing duties shall be performed by the Eligible Lender, DOE or other servicer if approved by the Secretary. When performing the servicing duties the Eligible Lender, DOE or other servicer shall exercise the level of care and diligence that a reasonable and prudent lender would exercise when servicing a loan made without a Federal guarantee, including:
(1) During the construction period, enforcing all of the conditions precedent to all loan disbursements, as provided in the Loan Guarantee Agreement, Loan Agreement and related documents;
(2) During the operational phase, monitoring and servicing the Debt Obligations and collection of the outstanding principal and accrued interest as well as ensuring that the collateral package securing the Guaranteed Obligations remains uncompromised; and
(3) As specified by DOE, providing annual or more frequent financial and other reports on the status and condition of the Guaranteed Obligations and the Eligible Project, and promptly notifying DOE if it becomes aware of any problems or irregularities concerning the Eligible Project or the ability ofthe Borrower to make payment on the Guaranteed Obligations or other debt obligations.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 609.