10 CFR 609.3 - Solicitations.
(a) DOE may issue solicitations to invite the submission of Pre-Applications or Applications for loan guarantees for Eligible Projects. DOE must issue a solicitation before proceeding with other steps in the loan guarantee process including issuance of a loan guarantee. A Project Sponsor or Applicant may only submit one Pre-Application or Application for one project using a particular technology. A Project Sponsor or Applicant, in other words, may not submit a Pre-Application or Application for multiple projects using the same technology.
(b) Each solicitation must include, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) The dollar amount of loan guarantee authority potentially being made available by DOE in that solicitation;
(2) The place and time for response submission;
(3) The name and address of the DOE representative whom a potential Project Sponsor may contact to receive further information and a copy of the solicitation;
(4) The form, format, and page limits applicable to the response submission;
(5) The amount of the application fee (First Fee), if any, that will be required;
(6) The programmatic, technical, financial and other factors the Secretary will use to evaluate response submissions, including the loan guarantee percentage requested by the Applicant and the relative weightings that DOE will use when evaluating those factors; and
(7) Such other information as DOE may deem appropriate.