10 CFR 609.5 - Evaluation of Pre-Applications.
(1) The proposal is for an Eligible Project;
(2) The submission contains the information required by § 609.4 of this part; and
(3) The submission meets all other requirements of the applicable solicitation.
(1) The commercial viability of the proposed project;
(2) The technology to be employed in the project;
(3) The relevant experience of the principal(s); and
(4) The financial capability of the Project Sponsor (including personal and/or business credit information of the principal(s)).
(d) After the evaluation described in paragraph (c) of this section, DOE will determine if there is sufficient information in the Pre-Application to assess the technical and commercial viability of the proposed project and/or the financial capability of the Project Sponsor and to assess other aspects of the Pre-Application. DOE may ask for additional information from the Project Sponsor during the review process and may request one or more meetings with the Project Sponsor. Any additional information submitted will be treated as provided in 10 CFR 600.15 and must be marked as provided in 10 CFR 600.15(b).
(e) After reviewing a Pre-Application and other information acquired under paragraph (c) of this section, DOE may provide a written response to the Project Sponsor or Applicant either inviting the Applicant to submit an Application for a loan guarantee and specifying the amount of the Application filing fee (First Fee) or advising the Project Sponsor that the project proposal will not receive further consideration. Neither the Pre-Application nor any written or other feedback that DOE may provide in response to the Pre-Application eliminates the requirement for an Application.
(f) No response by DOE to, or communication by DOE with, a Project Sponsor, or an Applicant submitting a Pre-Application or subsequent Application shall impose any obligation on DOE to enter into a Loan Guarantee Agreement.