10 CFR 611.100 - Eligible applicant.
(a) In order to be eligible to receive a loan under this part, an applicant
(1) Must be either -
(ii) A manufacturer of a qualifying component; and
(2) Must be financially viable without receipt of additional Federal funding associated with the proposed eligible project.
(b) Improved fuel economy. (1) If the applicant is an automobile manufacturer that manufactured in model year 2005, vehicles subject to the CAFE requirements, the applicant must demonstrate that its adjusted average fuel economy for its light-duty vehicle fleet produced in the most recent year for which final CAFE compliance data is available, at the time of application, is greater than or equal to the adjusted average fuel economy of the applicant's fleet for MY 2005, based on the MY 2005 final CAFE compliance data.
(2) If the applicant is an automobile manufacturer that did not manufacture in model year 2005, vehicles subject to the CAFE requirements, the applicant must demonstrate that the projected combined fuel economy for the relevant the advanced technology vehicle that is the subject of the application is greater than or equal to the industry adjusted average fuel economy for model year 2005 of equivalent vehicles, based on final CAFE compliance data.
(4) An applicant must provide fuel economy data, at the model level, relied upon to make the demonstration required by this section.
(5) The applicant's fixed charge coverage ratio (calculated as EBITDA plus fixed charges divided by fixed charges plus interest expenses) for the applicant's most recent fiscal year prior to the date of the loan application;
(8) Financial projections demonstrating the applicant's solvency through the period of time that the loan is outstanding.
(d). For purposes of making a determination under paragraph (a)(2) of this section, additional Federal funding includes any loan, grant, guarantee, insurance, payment, rebate, subsidy, credit, tax benefit, or any other form of direct or indirect assistance from the Federal government, or any agency or instrumentality thereof, other than the proceeds of a loan approved under this Part, that is, or is expected to be made available with respect to, the project for which the loan is sought under this Part.