10 CFR 62.26 - Criteria for designating a disposal facility.
(1) The low-level radioactive wastes of the generator do not meet the criteria established by the license agreement or the license agreement of the facility; or
(2) The disposal facility is in excess of its approved capacity; or
(c) If, after applying the exclusionary criteria in paragraph (b) of this section, more than one disposal facility is identified as appropriate for designation, the Commission will then consider additional factors in designating a facility or facilities including -
(1) Type of waste and its characteristics,
(2) Previous disposal practices,
(4) Radiological effects,
(5) Site capability for handling waste,
(6) The volume of emergency access waste previously accepted by each site both for the particular year and overall, and
(7) Any other considerations deemed appropriate by the Commission.
(d) The Commission, in making its designation, will also consider any information submitted by the operating non-Federal or regional LLW disposal sites, or any information submitted by the public in response to a Federal Register notice requesting comment, as provided in paragraph (b) of § 62.11 of this part.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 62 after this date.