10 CFR 7.10 - The NRC Advisory Committee Management Officer.
(a) The Chairman of the Commission or designee shall appoint an NRC Advisory Committee Management Officer to carry out the functions specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) The NRC Advisory Committee Management Officer shall -
(1) Carry out all responsibilities relating to NRC advisory committees delegated to such officer by the Commission;
(2) Ensure that administrative guidelines and management controls are issued that apply to all NRC advisory committees;
(3) Exercise control and supervision over the establishment, procedures, and accomplishments of NRC advisory committees;
(4) Assemble and maintain the reports, records, and other papers of any such committee during this existence;
(5) Carry out, on behalf of the NRC, the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552) and implementing NRC regulations (10 CFR part 9, subpart A) with respect to such reports, records, and other papers;
(6) Ensure that, subject to the Freedom of Information Act and implementing NRC regulations at 10 CFR part 9, subpart A, copies of the records, reports, transcript minutes, appendices, working papers, drafts, studies, agenda, or other documents that were made available to or prepared for or by each NRC advisory committee are available for public inspection and copying at the NRC Web site, http://www.nrc.gov, at the NRC Public Document Room, or both, until the advisory committee ceases to exist;
(7) Ensure that, subject to the Freedom of Information Act and implementing NRC regulations, at least eight copies of each report made by each NRC advisory committee and, where appropriate, background papers prepared by consultants, shall be filed with the Library of Congress;
(8) Ensure that NRC keeps such records as will fully disclose the disposition of any funds that may be at the disposal of NRC advisory committees and the nature and extent of their activities; and
(9) Ensure that NRC keeps such other records and provides such support services as are required by § 7.22.
(c) For purposes of paragraph (b) of this section, the term “records” includes (but is not limited to):
(1) A set of approved charters and membership lists for each NRC advisory committee;
(2) Copies of NRC's portion of the Committee Management Secretariat Annual Comprehensive Review of Federal advisory committees required by section 7(b) of the Act;
(3) NRC guidelines on committee management operations and procedures as maintained and updated; and
(4) NRC determinations to close advisory committee meetings made pursuant to § 7.15.