(1) Each licensee shall report to the NRC Operations Center the events described in Appendix A to Part 70.
(2) Reports must be made by a knowledgeable licensee representative and by any method that will ensure compliance with the required time period for reporting.
(3) The information provided must include a description of the event and other related information as described in § 70.50(c)(1).
(4) Follow-up information to the reports must be provided until all information required to be reported in § 70.50(c)(1) of this subpart is complete.
(5) Each licensee shall provide reasonable assurance that reliable communication with the NRC Operations Center is available during each event.
(b)Written reports. Each licensee that makes a report required by paragraph (a)(1) of this section shall submit a written follow-up report within 60 days of the initial report. The written report must be sent to the NRC's Document Control Desk, using an appropriate method listed in § 70.5(a), with a copy to the appropriate NRC regional office listed in appendix D to part 20 of this chapter. The reports must include the information as described in § 70.50(c)(2)(i) through (iv).