10 CFR 72.104 - Criteria for radioactive materials in effluents and direct radiation from an ISFSI or MRS.
(a) During normal operations and anticipated occurrences, the annual dose equivalent to any real individual who is located beyond the controlled area must not exceed 0.25 mSv (25 mrem) to the whole body, 0.75 mSv (75 mrem) to the thyroid and 0.25 mSv (25 mrem) to any other critical organ as a result of exposure to:
(1) Planned discharges of radioactive materials, radon and its decay products excepted, to the general environment,
(2) Direct radiation from ISFSI or MRS operations, and
(b) Operational restrictions must be established to meet as low as is reasonably achievable objectives for radioactive materials in effluents and direct radiation levels associated with ISFSI or MRS operations.
(c) Operational limits must be established for radioactive materials in effluents and direct radiation levels associated with ISFSI or MRS operations to meet the limits given in paragraph (a) of this section.
- 10 CFR 72.126 — Criteria for Radiological Protection.
- 10 CFR 72.44 — License Conditions.
- 10 CFR 72.236 — Specific Requirements for Spent Fuel Storage Cask Approval and Fabrication.
- 10 CFR 72.212 — Conditions of General License Issued Under § 72.210.
- 10 CFR 72.24 — Contents of Application: Technical Information.