Pt. 110, App. A
Appendix A to Part 110
—Illustrative List of Nuclear Reactor Equipment Under NRC Export Licensing Authority
Note—A nuclear reactor basically includes the items within or attached directly to the reactor vessel, the equipment which controls the level of power in the core, and the components which normally contain or come in direct contact with or control the primary coolant of the reactor core.
(1) Reactor pressure vessels, i.e., metal vessels, as complete units or major shop-fabricated parts, especially designed or prepared to contain the core of a nuclear reactor and capable of withstanding the operating pressure of the primary coolant.
(2) On-line (e.g., CANDU) reactor fuel charging and discharging machines, i.e., manipulative equipment especially designed for inserting or removing fuel in an operating nuclear reactor.
(3) Complete reactor control rod system, i.e., rods especially designed or prepared for the control of the reaction rate in a nuclear reactor, including the neutron absorbing part and the support or suspension structures therefor;
(4) Reactor primary coolant pumps, i.e., pumps especially designed or prepared for circulating the primary coolant in a nuclear reactor.
(5) Reactor pressure tubes, i.e., tubes especially designed or prepared to contain fuel elements and the primary coolant in a nuclear reactor at an operating pressure in excess of 50 atmospheres.
(6) Zirconium tubes, i.e., zirconium metal and alloys in the form of tubes or assemblies of tubes especially designed or prepared for use in a nuclear reactor.
(7) Reactor internals, e.g., core support structures, control and rod guide tubes, thermal shields, baffles, core grid plates and diffuser plates especially designed or prepared for use in a nuclear reactor.
(8) Reactor control rod drive mechanisms, including detection and measuring equipment to determine flux levels.
(9) Any other components especially designed or prepared for use in a nuclear reactor or in any of the components described in this appendix.
[55 FR 30450, July 26, 1990, as amended at 55 FR 34519, Aug. 23, 1990; 58 FR 13004, Mar. 9, 1993; 61 FR 35602
, July 8, 1996; 65 FR 70291
, Nov. 22, 2000]