11 CFR 9033.6 - Determination of inactive candidacy.
(a)General. The Commission may, on the basis of the factors listed in 11 CFR 9033.6(b) below, make a determination that a candidate is no longer actively seeking nomination for election in more than one State. Upon a final determination by the Commission that a candidate is inactive, that candidate will become ineligible as provided in 11 CFR 9033.5.
(b)Factors considered. In making its determination of inactive candidacy, the Commission may consider, but is not limited to considering, the following factors:
(1) The frequency and type of public appearances, speeches, and advertisements;
(2) Campaign activity with respect to soliciting contributions or making expenditures for campaign purposes;
(3) Continued employment of campaign personnel or the use of volunteers;
(4) The release of committed delegates;
(5) The candidate urges his or her delegates to support another candidate while not actually releasing committed delegates;
(6) The candidate urges supporters to support another candidate.
(c)Initial determination. The Commission will notify the candidate of its initial determination in accordance with the procedures outlined in 11 CFR 9033.10(b) and will advise the candidate of the date on which active campaigning in more than one State ceased. The candidate may, within 15 business days after service of the Commission's notice, submit in accordance with 11 CFR 9033.10(b) written legal or factual materials to demonstrate that he or she is actively campaigning in more than one State.
Title 11 published on 2016-09-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 11 CFR Part 9033 after this date.
- 11 CFR 9033.8 — Reestablishment of Eligibility.
- 11 CFR 9033.10 — Procedures for Initial and Final Determinations.
- 11 CFR 9033.6 — Determination of Inactive Candidacy.
- 11 CFR 9033.5 — Determination of Ineligibility Date.
- 11 CFR 9038.7 — Administrative Record.
- 11 CFR 9033.7 — Determination of Active Candidacy.