12 CFR 1070.50 - Purpose and scope; definitions.
prev | next
(a) This subpart implements the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974,5 U.S.C. 552a (the Privacy Act). The regulations apply to all records maintained by the CFPB and which are retrieved by an individual's name or personal identifier. The regulations set forth the procedures for requests for access to, or amendment of, records concerning individuals that are contained in systems of records maintained by the CFPB. These regulations should be read in conjunction with the Privacy Act, which provides additional information about this topic.
(1) The termChief Privacy Officer means the Chief Information Officer of the CFPB or any CFPB employee to whom the Chief Information Officer has delegated authority to act under this part;
(2) The termguardian means the parent of a minor, or the legal guardian of any individual who has been declared to be incompetent due to physical or mental incapacity or age by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(3) Individual means a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence;
(5) Record means any item, collection, or grouping of information about an individual that is maintained by an agency, including, but not limited to, his education, financial transactions, medical history, and criminal or employment history and that contains his name or the identifying number, symbol, or other identifying particular assigned to the individual, such as a finger or voiceprint or a photograph;
(6) Routine use means the disclosure of a record that is compatible with the purpose for which it was collected;
(7) System of records means a group of any records under the control of an agency from which information is retrieved by the name of the individual or by some identifying number, symbol, or other identifying particular assigned to the individual; and
(8) Statistical record means a record in a system of records maintained for statistical research or reporting purposes only and not used in whole or in part in making any determination about an identifiable individual, except as provided by 13 U.S.C. 8.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 1070.