12 CFR 1291.12 - Affordable Housing Reserve Fund.

prev | next
§ 1291.12 Affordable Housing Reserve Fund.

(a)Deposits. If a Bank fails to use or commit the full amount it is required to contribute to the Program in any year pursuant to § 1291.2(a) of this part, 90 percent of the unused or uncommitted amount shall be deposited by the Bank in an Affordable Housing Reserve Fund established and administered by the FHFA. The remaining 10 percent of the unused and uncommitted amount retained by the Bank should be fully used or committed by the Bank during the following year, and any remaining portion shall be deposited in the Affordable Housing Reserve Fund.

(b)Use or commitment of funds. Approval of applications for AHP subsidies from members sufficient to exhaust the amount a Bank is required to contribute pursuant to § 1291.2(a) of this part shall constitute use or commitment of funds. Amounts remaining unused or uncommitted at year-end are deemed to be used or committed if, in combination with AHP subsidies that have been returned to the Bank or de-committed from canceled projects, they are insufficient to fund:

(1) The next highest scoring AHP application in the Bank's final funding period of the year for its competitive application program;

(2) Pending applications for funds under the Bank's homeownership set-aside programs; and

(3) Project modifications approved by the Bank pursuant to the requirements of this part.

(c)Carryover of insufficient amounts. Such insufficient amounts as described in paragraph (b) of this section shall be carried over for use or commitment in the following year in the Bank's competitive application program or homeownership set-aside programs.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 12 - BANKS AND BANKING

Title 12 published on 17-Jun-2017 04:33

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 1291 after this date.

  • 2016-11-02; vol. 81 # 212 - Wednesday, November 2, 2016
    1. 81 FR 76291 - Technical and Conforming Changes and Corrections to FHFA Regulations
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      Final rule.
      Effective December 2, 2016.
      12 CFR Parts 1200, 1201, 1229, 1238, 1239, 1261, 1264, 1266, 1267, 1269, 1270, 1273, 1274, 1278, 1281, 1282, 1290, and 1291