12 CFR 1291.4 - Advisory Councils.
(1) Each Bank's board of directors shall appoint an Advisory Council of 7 to 15 persons who reside in the Bank's District and are drawn from community and not-for-profit organizations that are actively involved in providing or promoting low- and moderate-income housing, and community and not-for-profit organizations that are actively involved in providing or promoting community lending, in the District.
(2) Each Bank shall solicit nominations for membership on the Advisory Council from community and not-for-profit organizations pursuant to a nomination process that is as broad and as participatory as possible, allowing sufficient time for responses.
(3) The Bank's board of directors shall appoint Advisory Council members from a diverse range of organizations so that representatives of no one group constitute an undue proportion of the membership of the Advisory Council, giving consideration to the size of the Bank's District and the diversity of low- and moderate-income housing and community lending needs and activities within the District.
(b) Terms of Advisory Council members. Pursuant to policies adopted by the Bank's board of directors, Advisory Council members shall be appointed by the Bank's board of directors to serve for terms of 3 years, which shall be staggered to provide continuity in experience and service to the Advisory Council, except that Advisory Council members may be appointed to serve for terms of 1 or 2 years solely for purposes of reconfiguring the staggering of the 3-year terms. No Advisory Council member may be appointed to serve for more than 3 full consecutive terms. An Advisory Council member appointed to fill a vacancy shall be appointed for the unexpired term of his or her predecessor in office.
(c) Election of officers. Each Advisory Council shall elect from among its members a chairperson, a vice chairperson, and any other officers the Advisory Council deems appropriate.
(d) Duties -
(1) Meetings with the Banks.
(i) The Advisory Council shall meet with representatives of the Bank's board of directors at least quarterly to provide advice on ways in which the Bank can better carry out its housing finance and community lending mission, including, but not limited to, advice on the low- and moderate-income housing and community lending programs and needs in the Bank's District, and on the use of AHP subsidies, Bank advances, and other Bank credit products for these purposes.
(ii) The Advisory Council's advice shall include recommendations on:
(A) The amount of AHP subsidies to be allocated to the Bank's competitive application program and any Bank homeownership set-aside programs;
(B) The AHP Implementation Plan and any subsequent amendments thereto;
(C) The scoring criteria, related definitions, and any additional optional District eligibility requirements for the competitive application program; and
(D) The eligibility requirements and any priority criteria for any Bank homeownership set-aside programs.
(2) Summary of AHP applications. The Bank shall comply with requests from the Advisory Council for summary information regarding AHP applications from prior funding periods.
(3) Annual analysis; public access.
(ii) Within 30 days after the date the Advisory Council's annual analysis is submitted to the FHFA, the Bank shall publish the analysis on its publicly available Web site.
(e) Expenses. The Bank shall pay Advisory Council members' travel expenses, including transportation and subsistence, for each day devoted to attending meetings with representatives of the board of directors of the Bank and meetings requested by the FHFA.
(f) No delegation. A Bank's board of directors shall not delegate to Bank officers or other Bank employees the responsibility to appoint persons as members of the Advisory Council, or to meet with the Advisory Council at the quarterly meetings required by the Act (12 U.S.C. 1430(j)(11)).