12 CFR 1408.37 - Definitions.
In this subpart, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) Agency means:
(1) An executive agency as defined by 5 U.S.C. 105, including the United States Postal Service and the United States Postal Rate Commission;
(2) A military department as defined in 5 U.S.C. 102;
(3) An agency or court of the judicial branch, including a court as defined in 28 U.S.C. 610, the District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Judicial Panel on Multi-district Litigation;
(4) An agency of the legislative branch, including the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives; or
(5) Other independent establishments that are entities of the Federal Government.
(b) Disposable pay means, for an officially established pay interval, that part of current basic pay, special pay, incentive pay, retired pay, retainer pay, or, in the case of an employee not entitled to basic pay, other authorized pay remaining after the deduction of any amount required by law to be withheld. The Corporation shall allow the deductions described in 5 CFR 581.105 (b) through (f).
(c) Employee means a current employee of the Corporation or other agency, including a current member of the Armed Forces or Reserve of the Armed Forces of the United States.
(d) Waiver means the cancellation, remission, forgiveness, or nonrecovery of a debt allegedly owed by an employee to the Corporation or another agency as permitted or required by 5 U.S.C. 5584 or 8346(b), 10 U.S.C. 2774, 32 U.S.C. 716, or any other law.