Director means an individual who serves on the board of directors of a Federal savings association. This term does not include an advisory director who:
(1) Is not elected by the shareholders;
(2) Is not authorized to vote on any matters before the board of directors or any committee of the board of directors;
(3) Provides only general policy advice to the board of directors or any committee of the board of directors; and
(4) Has not been identified by the OCC or the OTS in writing as an individual who performs the functions of a director, or who exercises significant influence over, or participates in, major policymaking decisions of the board of directors.
Senior executive officer means an individual who holds the title or performs the function of one or more of the following positions (without regard to title, salary, or compensation): President, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, chief financial officer, chief lending officer, or chief investment officer. Senior executive officer also includes any other person identified by the OCC or the OTS in writing as an individual who exercises significant influence over, or participates in, major policymaking decisions, whether or not hired as an employee.
Troubled condition means:
(1) A Federal savings association that has a composite rating of 4 or 5, as composite rating is defined in§ 116.5(c) of this chapter;
(2) A Federal savings association that is subject to a capital directive, a cease-and-desist order, a consent order, a formal written agreement, or a prompt corrective action directive relating to the safety and soundness or financial viability of the savings association, unless otherwise informed in writing by the OCC; or
(3) A Federal savings association that is informed in writing by the OCC that it is in troubled condition based on information available to the OCC.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.