12 CFR 168.3 - Security program.
(a)Contents of security program. The security program shall:
(1) Establish procedures for opening and closing for business and for the safekeeping of all currency, negotiable securities, and similar valuables at all times;
(2) Establish procedures that will assist in identifying persons committing crimes against the association and that will preserve evidence that may aid in their identification and prosecution. Such procedures may include, but are not limited to:
(i) Maintaining a camera that records activity in the office;
(ii) Using identification devices, such as prerecorded serial-numbered bills, or chemical and electronic devices; and
(iii) Retaining a record of any robbery, burglary, or larceny committed against the association;
(3) Provide for initial and periodic training of officers and employees in their responsibilities under the security program and in proper employee conduct during and after a burglary, robbery, or larceny; and
(4) Provide for selecting, testing, operating and maintaining appropriate security devices, as specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b)Security devices. Each savings association shall have, at a minimum, the following security devices:
(1) A means of protecting cash and other liquid assets, such as a vault, safe, or other secure space;
(2) A lighting system for illuminating, during the hours of darkness, the area around the vault, if the vault is visible from outside the office;
(3) Tamper-resistant locks on exterior doors and exterior windows that may be opened;
(4) An alarm system or other appropriate device for promptly notifying the nearest responsible law enforcement officers of an attempted or perpetrated robbery or burglary; and
(5) Such other devices as the security officer determines to be appropriate, taking into consideration:
(i) The incidence of crimes against financial institutions in the area;
(ii) The amount of currency and other valuables exposed to robbery, burglary, or larceny;
(iii) The distance of the office from the nearest responsible law enforcement officers;
(iv) The cost of the security devices;
(v) Other security measures in effect at the office; and
(vi) The physical characteristics of the structure of the office and its surroundings.
Title 12 published on 17-Jun-2017 04:33
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 168 after this date.