(a) Prior to providing any assistance, the Fund and an Awardee shall execute an Assistance Agreement that requires an Awardee to comply with performance goals and abide by other terms and conditions of assistance. Such performance goals may be modified at any time by mutual consent of the Fund and an Awardee or as provided in paragraph (c) of this section. If a Community Partner or an Affiliate is part of an application that is selected for assistance, such partner must be a party to the Assistance Agreement, if deemed appropriate by the Fund.
(b) An Awardee shall comply with performance goals that have been negotiated with the Fund and which are based upon the Comprehensive Business Plan submitted as part of the Awardee's application. Such performance goals may include measures that require an Awardee to:
(4) Achieve specific lending, investment, and development service objectives. Performance goals for Insured CDFIs shall be determined in consultation with the Appropriate Federal Banking Agency, as applicable. Such goals shall be incorporated in, and enforced under, the Awardee's Assistance Agreement. Performance goals for State-Insured Credit Unions may be determined in consultation with the Appropriate State Agency, if deemed appropriate by the Fund.
(c) The Assistance Agreement shall provide that, in the event of fraud, mismanagement, noncompliance with the Act and the Fund's regulations, or noncompliance with the terms and conditions of the Assistance Agreement on the part of the Awardee (or the Community Partner, if applicable), the Fund, in its discretion, may:
(1) Require changes in the performance goals set forth in the Assistance Agreement;
(2) Require changes in the Awardee's Comprehensive Business Plan;
(3) Revoke approval of the Awardee's application;
(4) Reduce or terminate the Awardee's assistance;
(5) Require repayment of any assistance that has been distributed to the Awardee;
(6) Bar the Awardee (and the Community Partner, if applicable) from reapplying for any assistance from the Fund; or
(7) Take such other actions as the Fund deems appropriate.
(d) In the case of an Insured CDFI, the Assistance Agreement shall provide that the provisions of the Act, this part, and the Assistance Agreement shall be enforceable under12 U.S.C. 1818 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act by the Appropriate Federal Banking Agency, as applicable, and that any violation of such provisions shall be treated as a violation of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Nothing in this paragraph (d) precludes the Fund from directly enforcing the Assistance Agreement as provided for under the terms of the Act.
(e) The Fund shall notify the Appropriate Federal Banking Agency before imposing any sanctions on an Insured CDFI or other institution that is examined by or subject to the reporting requirements of that agency. The Fund shall not impose a sanction described in paragraph (c) of this section if the Appropriate Federal Banking Agency, in writing, not later than 30 calendar days after receiving notice from the Fund:
(1) Objects to the proposed sanction;
(2) Determines that the sanction would:
(i) Have a material adverse effect on the safety and soundness of the institution; or
(ii) Impede or interfere with an enforcement action against that institution by that agency;
(3) Proposes a comparable alternative action; and
(4) Specifically explains:
(i) The basis for the determination under paragraph (e)(2) of this section and, if appropriate, provides documentation to support the determination; and
(ii) How the alternative action suggested pursuant to paragraph (e)(3) ofthis section would be as effective as the sanction proposed by the Fund in securing compliance and deterring future noncompliance.
(f) In reviewing the performance of an Awardee in which its Investment Area(s) includes an Indian Reservation or Targeted Population(s) includes an Indian Tribe, the Fund shall consult with, and seek input from, the appropriate tribal government.
(g) Prior to imposing any sanctions pursuant to this section or an Assistance Agreement, the Fund shall, to the maximum extent practicable, provide the Awardee (or the Community Partner, if applicable) with written notice of the proposed sanction and an opportunity to comment. Nothing in this section, however, shall provide an Awardee or Community Partner with the right to any formal or informal hearing or comparable proceeding not otherwise required by law.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 1805.802 Payment of funds.
Assistance provided pursuant to this part may be provided in a lump sum or over a period of time, as determined appropriate by the CDFI Fund. The CDFI Fund shall not provide any assistance under this part until a Recipient has satisfied any required conditions set forth in its Assistance Agreement and, if the Recipient is to receive financial assistance, the Recipient has secured in-hand and/or firm commitments for the matching funds required for such assistance pursuant to the applicable Notice of Funds Availability.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.