§ 1806.201Measuring and reporting Qualified Activities.
(a)General. An Applicant may receive a Bank Enterprise Award for engaging in any of the following categories of Qualified Activities during an Assessment Period: CDFI Related Activities, Distressed Community Financing Activities, or Service Activities. The Fund may further qualify such Qualified Activities in the applicable NOFA, including such additional geographic and transaction size limitations as the Fund deems appropriate.
(b)Reporting Qualified Activities. An Applicant should report only its Qualified Activities for the category in which it is seeking a Bank Enterprise Award. For example, if an Applicant is seeking a Bank Enterprise Award for Distressed Community Financing Activities only, it should report only its activities for the Distressed Community Financing Activities category.
(1) If an Applicant elects to apply for an award in either the CDFI Related Activities category or the Distressed Community Financing Activities category, it must report on all types of activity within that category unless the Applicant can provide a reasonable explanation acceptable to the Fund, in its sole discretion, as to why it cannot report on all activities in such category.
(2) If an Applicant elects to apply for an award in the Service Activities category, it may elect not to report each type of activity within the Service Activities category.
(c)Area served. CDFI Related Activities must be provided to a CDFI Partner Integrally Involved in a Distressed Community. Service Activities and Distressed Community Financing Activities must serve a Distressed Community. An activity is considered to serve a Distressed Community if it is:
(1) Undertaken in the Distressed Community; or
(2) Provided to Low- and Moderate-Income Eligible Residents or enterprises Integrally Involved in the Distressed Community.
(d)Certain Limitations on Qualified Activities—Activities funded with the proceeds of Federal funding or tax credit programs may be ineligible for purposes of calculating or receiving a Bank Enterprise Awards. Please see the applicable BEA NOFA for current limitations on Qualified Activities.
(e)Measuring the Value of Qualified Activities. Subject to such additional or alternative valuations as the Fund may specify in the applicable NOFA, the Fund will assess the value of:
(1) Equity Investments, Equity-Like Loans, loans, grants and certificates of deposits, at the original amount of such Equity Investments, Equity-Like Loans, loans, grants or certificates of deposits. Where a certificate of deposit matures and is then rolled over during the Baseline Period or the Assessment Period, as applicable, the Fund will assess the value of the full amount of the rolled over deposit. Where an existing loan is refinanced (a new loan is originated to pay off an existing loan, whether or not there is a change in the applicable loan terms), the Fund will only assess the value of any increase in the principal amount of the refinanced loan;
(2) Project Investments at the original amount of the purchase of stock, limited partnership interest, other ownership interest, or grant;
(3) Deposit Liabilities at the dollar amount deposited as measured by comparing the net change in the amount of applicable funds on deposit at the Applicant during the Baseline Period with the net change in the amount of applicable funds on deposit at the Applicant during the Assessment Period, as described below:
(i) The Applicant shall calculate the net change in deposits during the Baseline Period, by comparing the amount of applicable funds on deposit at the close of business the day before the beginning of the Baseline Period and at the close of business on the last day of the Baseline Period; and
(ii) The Applicant shall calculate the net change in such deposits during the Assessment Period, by comparing the amount of applicable funds on deposit at the close of business the day before the beginning of the Assessment Period and at the close of business on the last day of the Assessment Period;
(4) Financial Services and Targeted Financial Services based on the predetermined amounts as may be set forth by the Fund in the applicable NOFA; and
(5) Financial Services (other than those for which the Fund has established a predetermined value), Community Services, and CDFI Support Activities consisting of technical assistance based on the administrative costs of providing such services.
(f)Closed Transactions. A transaction shall be considered to have been carried out during the Baseline Period or the Assessment Period if the documentation evidencing the transaction:
(1) Is executed on a date within the applicable Baseline Period or Assessment Period, respectively; and
(2) Constitutes a legally binding agreement between the Applicant and a borrower or investee which specifies the final terms and conditions of the transaction, except that any contingencies included in the final agreement must be typical of such transaction and acceptable (both in the judgment of the Fund); and
(3) An initial cash disbursement of loan or investment proceeds has occurred in a manner that is consistent with customary business practices and is reasonable given the nature of the transaction (as determined by the Fund) unless it is normal business practice to make no initial disbursement at closing and the Applicant demonstrates that the borrower has access to the proceeds, subject to reasonable conditions as may be determined by the Fund.
(g)Reporting Period. An Applicant may only measure the amount of a Qualified Activity that it reasonably expects to disburse to an investee, borrower, or other recipient within one year of the end of the applicable Assessment Period, or such other period as may be set forth by the Fund in the applicable NOFA.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 12.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.