12 CFR 197.2 - Offering circular requirement.
(a) General. No savings association shall offer or sell, directly or indirectly, any security issued by it unless:
(1) The offer or sale is accompanied or preceded by an offering circular which includes the information required by this part and which has been filed and declared effective pursuant to this part; or
(b) Communications not deemed an offer. The following communications shall not be deemed an offer under this section:
(1) Prior to filing an offering circular, any notice of a proposed offering which satisfies the requirements of Commission Rule 135 (17 CFR 230.135) under the Securities Act;
(2) Subsequent to filing an offering circular, any notice circular, advertisement, letter, or other communication published or transmitted to any person which satisfies the requirements of Commission Rule 134 (17 CFR 230.134) under the Securities Act; and
(3) Oral offers of securities covered by an offering circular made after filing the offering circular with the OCC.
(c) Preliminary offering circular. Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section, a preliminary offering circular may be used for an offer of any security prior to the effective date of the offering circular if:
(2) The preliminary offering circular includes the information required by this part, except for the omission of information relating to offering price, discounts or commissions, amount of proceeds, conversion rates, call prices, or other matters dependent on the offering price; and
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.