12 CFR 21.3 - Security program.
(a)Contents of security program. The security program shall:
(1) Establish procedures for opening and closing for business and for the safekeeping of all currency, negotiable securities, and similar valuables at all times;
(2) Establish procedures that will assist in identifying persons committing crimes against the institution and that will preserve evidence that may aid in their identification or conviction; such procedures may include, but are not limited to:
(i) Using identification devices, such as prerecorded serial-numbered bills, or chemical and electronic devices;
(3) Provide for initial and periodic training of employees in their responsibilities under the security program and in proper employee conduct during and after a robbery; and
(b)Security devices. Each national bank shall have, at a minimum, the following security devices:
(2) A lighting system for illuminating, during the hours of darkness, the area around the vault, if the vault is visible from outside the banking office;
(3) Tamper-resistant locks on exterior doors and exterior windows designed to be opened;
(4) An alarm system or other appropriate device for promptly notifying the nearest responsible law enforcement officers of an attempted or perpetrated robbery, burglary or larceny; and
(5) Such other devices as the security officer determines to be appropriate, taking into consideration:
(i) The incidence of crimes against financial institutions in the area;
(ii) The amount of currency or other valuables exposed to robbery, burglary, or larceny;
(iv) The cost of the security devices;
(v) Other security measures in effect at the banking office; and
(vi) The physical characteristics of the banking office structure and its surroundings.
Title 12 published on 11-May-2018 11:44
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 21 after this date.