12 CFR 21.3 - Security program.
(1) Establish procedures for opening and closing for business and for the safekeeping of all currency, negotiable securities, and similar valuables at all times;
(2) Establish procedures that will assist in identifying persons committing crimes against the institution and that will preserve evidence that may aid in their identification or conviction; such procedures may include, but are not limited to:
(i) Using identification devices, such as prerecorded serial-numbered bills, or chemical and electronic devices;
(iii) Retaining a record of any robbery, burglary or larceny committed or attempted against a banking office;
(3) Provide for initial and periodic training of employees in their responsibilities under the security program and in proper employee conduct during and after a robbery; and
(4) Provide for selecting, testing, operating and maintaining appropriate security devices, as specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
(1) A means of protecting cash or other liquid assets, such as a vault, safe, or other secure space;
(2) A lighting system for illuminating, during the hours of darkness, the area around the vault, if the vault is visible from outside the banking office;
(4) An alarm system or other appropriate device for promptly notifying the nearest responsible law enforcement officers of an attempted or perpetrated robbery, burglary or larceny; and
(5) Such other devices as the security officer determines to be appropriate, taking into consideration:
(iii) The distance of the banking office from the nearest responsible law enforcement officers and the time required for such law enforcement officers ordinarily to arrive at the banking office;
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 21.