12 CFR 211.32 - Definitions.
The definitions in §§ 211.1 and 211.2 of subpart A apply to this subpart, subject to the following:
(a)Appropriate Federal Reserve Bank has the same meaning as in § 211.21(c).
(b)Bank has the same meaning as in section 2(c) of the BHC Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1841(c)).
(c)Company has the same meaning as in section 2(b) of the BHC Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1841(b)).
(d)Eligible investors means:
(1) Bank holding companies, as defined in section 2(a) of the BHC Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1841(a));
(2) Edge and agreement corporations that are subsidiaries of bank holding companies but are not subsidiaries of banks;
(3) Banker's banks, as described in section 4(c)(14)(F)(iii) of the BHC Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1843(c)(14)(F)(iii)); and
(4) Foreign banking organizations, as defined in § 211.21(o).
(e)Export trading company means a company that is exclusively engaged in activities related to international trade and, by engaging in one or more export trade services, derives:
(1) At least one-third of its revenues in each consecutive four-year period from the export of, or from facilitating the export of, goods and services produced in the United States by persons other than the export trading company or its subsidiaries; and
(2) More revenues in each four-year period from export activities as described in paragraph (e)(1) of this section than it derives from the import, or facilitating the import, into the United States of goods or services produced outside the United States. The four-year period within which to calculate revenues derived from its activities under this section shall be deemed to have commenced with the first fiscal year after the respective export trading company has been in operation for two years.
(f)Revenues shall include net sales revenues from exporting, importing, or third-party trade in goods by the export trading company for its own account and gross revenues derived from all other activities of the export trading company.
(g)Subsidiary has the same meaning as in section 2(d) of the BHC Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1841(d)).