12 CFR 229.3 - Administrative enforcement.
prev | next
(1) Section 8 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1818 et seq.) in the case of—
(i) National banks, and Federal branches and Federal agencies of foreign banks, by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency;
(ii) Member banks of the Federal Reserve System (other than national banks), and offices, branches, and agencies of foreign banks located in the United States (other than Federal branches, Federal agencies, and insured State branches of foreign banks), by the Board; and
(iii) Banks insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (other than members of the Federal Reserve System) and insured State branches of foreign banks, by the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation;
(2) Section 8 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act, by the Director of the Office of Thrift Supervision in the case of savings associations the deposits of which are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; and
(3) The Federal Credit Union Act (12 U.S.C. 1751 et seq.) by the National Credit Union Administration Board with respect to any federal credit union or credit union insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
The terms used in paragraph (a)(1) of this section that are not defined in this part or otherwise defined in section 3(s) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813(s)) shall have the meaning given to them in section 1(b) of the International Banking Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. 3101).
(1) For the purposes of the exercise by any agency referred to in paragraph (a) of this section of its powers under any statute referred to in that paragraph, a violation of any requirement imposed under the EFA Act is deemed to be a violation of a requirement imposed under that statute.
(2) In addition to its powers under any provision of law specifically referred to in paragraph (a) of this section, each of the agencies referred to in that paragraph may exercise, for purposes of enforcing compliance with any requirement imposed under this part,any other authority conferred on it by law.
(1) Except to the extent that enforcement of the requirements imposed under this part is specifically committed to some other government agency, the Board shall enforce such requirements.
has failed to comply with any requirement imposed by this part, the Board may issue an order prohibiting any bank, any Federal Reserve Bank, or any other person subject to the authority of the Board from engaging in any activity or transaction that directly or indirectly involves such noncomplying bank or person (including any activity or transaction involving the receipt, payment, collection, and clearing of checks, and any related function of the payment system with respect to checks).
[53 FR 19433, May 27, 1988, as amended by Reg. CC, 55 FR 21855, May 30, 1990; 57 FR 36600, Aug. 14, 1992; 69 FR 47310, Aug. 4, 2004]
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 229.