12 CFR 229.43 - Checks payable in Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
(a) Definitions. The definitions in § 229.2 apply to this section, unless otherwise noted. In addition, for the purposes of this section -
(1) Pacific island bank means an office of an institution that would be a bank as defined in § 229.2(e) but for the fact that the office is located in Guam, American Samoa, or the Northern Mariana Islands;
(b) Rules applicable to Pacific island checks. To the extent a bank handles a Pacific island check as if it were a check defined in § 229.2(k), the bank is subject to the following sections of this part (and the word “check” in each such section is construed to include a Pacific island check) -
(2) § 229.32;
(3) § 229.34(c)(2), (c)(3), (d), (e), and (f);
(5) § 229.36(d);
(6) § 229.37;
(7) § 229.38(a) and (c) through (h);
(8) § 229.39(a), (b), (c) and (e); and
(9) §§ 229.40 through 229.42.