12 CFR § 271.5 - Records available to the public on request.
(a)Types of records made available. All records of the Committee that are not available under §§ 271.3 and 271.4 shall be made available upon request, pursuant to the procedures in this section and the exceptions in § 271.7.
(b)Procedures for requesting records.
(1) A request for identifiable records shall reasonably describe the records in a way that enables the Committee's staff to identify and produce the records with reasonable effort and without unduly burdening or significantly interfering with any of the Committee's operations.
(2) The request shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary of the Committee, Federal Open Market Committee, 20th & C Streets NW., Washington, DC 20551; or sent by facsimile to the Secretary of the Committee, (202) 452-2921; or sent electronically using the online request form located at www.federalreserve.gov/forms/FOMCForm.aspx. The request shall be clearly marked FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST.
(c)Contents of request. The request shall contain the following information:
(1) The name and address of the requester, and the telephone number at which the requester can be reached during normal business hours;
(2) Whether the requested information is intended for commercial use, and whether the requester represents an educational or noncommercial scientific institution, or news media;
(3) A statement agreeing to pay the applicable fees, or a statement identifying any fee limitation desired, or a request for a waiver or reduction of fees that satisfies § 271.9(f).
(d)Defective requests. The Committee need not accept or process a request that does not reasonably describe the records requested or that does not otherwise comply with the requirements of this section. The Committee may return a defective request, specifying the deficiency. The requester may submit a corrected request, which will be treated as a new request.