12 CFR § 303.64 - Processing.
(a) Expedited processing for eligible depository institutions -
(1) General. An application filed under this subpart by an eligible depository institution as defined in § 303.2(r) and which meets the additional criteria in paragraph (a)(4) of this section will be acknowledged by the FDIC in writing and will receive expedited processing, unless the applicant is notified in writing to the contrary and provided with the basis for that decision. The FDIC may remove an application from expedited processing for any of the reasons set forth in § 303.11(c)(2).
(i) 45 days after the date of the FDIC's receipt of a substantially complete merger application; or
(iii) 5 days after receipt of the Attorney General's report on the competitive factors involved in the proposed transaction; or
(iv) For an interstate merger transaction subject to the provisions of section 44 of the FDI Act (12 U.S.C. 1831u), 5 days after the FDIC receives confirmation from the host state (as defined in § 303.41(e)) that the applicant has both complied with the filing requirements of the host state and submitted a copy of the FDIC merger application to the host state's bank supervisor.
(3) No automatic approval. Notwithstanding paragraph (a)(1) or (2) of this section, if the FDIC does not act within the expedited processing period, it does not constitute an automatic or default approval.
(4) Criteria. The FDIC will process an application using expedited procedures if:
(B) The acquiring party is an eligible depository institution as defined in § 303.2(r) and the amount of the total assets to be transferred does not exceed an amount equal to 10 percent of the acquiring institution's total assets as reported in its report of condition for the quarter immediately preceding the filing of the merger application.
(b) Standard processing. For those applications not processed pursuant to the expedited procedures, the FDIC will provide the applicant with written notification of the final action taken by the FDIC on the application when the decision is rendered.
(c) Processing for State savings associations. Notwithstanding paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, the FDIC will approve or disapprove an application filed by a State savings association to acquire or be acquired by another insured depository institution that is required to be filed with the FDIC within 60 days after the date of the FDIC's receipt of a substantially complete merger application, subject to the FDIC's discretion to extend such period by an additional 30 days if any material information submitted is substantially inaccurate or incomplete.
(1) The FDIC shall notify an applicant that is a State savings association in writing of the date the application is deemed substantially complete. The FDIC may request additional information at any time.
(2) Notwithstanding this paragraph (c), if the FDIC does not approve or disapprove an application within the 60-day or extended processing period it does not constitute an automatic or default approval.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.