12 CFR 326.3 - Security program.
(a)Contents of security program. The security program shall:
(1) Establish procedures for opening and closing for business and for the safekeeping of all currency, negotiable securities, and similar valuables at all times;
(2) Establish procedures that will assist in identifying persons committing crimes against the bank and that will preserve evidence that may aid in their identification and prosecution; such procedures may include, but are not limited to:
(iii) Using identification devices, such as prerecorded serial-numbered bills, or chemical and electronic devices;
(3) Provide for initial and periodic training of officers and employees in their responsibilities under the security program and in proper employee conduct during and after a robbery, burglary or larceny; and
(4) Provide for selecting, testing, operating and maintaining appropriate security devices, as specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b)Security devices. Each insured nonmember bank shall have, at a minimum, the following security devices:
(2) A lighting system for illuminating, during the hours of darkness, the area around the vault, if the vault is visible from outside the banking office;
(3) An alarm system or other appropriate device for promptly notifying the nearest responsible law enforcement officers of an attempted or perpetrated robbery or burglary;
(4) Tamper-resistant locks on exterior doors and exterior windows that may be opened; and
(5) Such other devices as the security officer determines to be appropriate, taking into consideration:
(i) The incidence of crimes against financial institutions in the area;
(ii) The amount of currency or other valuables exposed to robbery, burglary, and larceny;
(iii) The distance of the banking office from the nearest responsible law enforcement officers;
(iv) The cost of the security devices;
(v) Other security measures in effect at the banking office; and
(vi) The physical characteristics of the structure of the banking office and its surroundings.