12 CFR 513.2 - Definitions.
As used in this part:
(a) Office means the Office;
(b) The term Secretary means the Secretary and any Assistant or Acting Secretary to the Office;
(c) The term presiding officer includes the Office, his delegatee or an administrative law judge appointed under section 3105 or detailed pursuant to section 3344 of title 5 of the U.S. Code and, as used in this part, the term shall be construed to refer to whichever of the above-identified individuals presides at a hearing or other proceeding, except as otherwise specified in the text;
(d) The term attorney means any person who is a member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of any State, possession, territory, Commonwealth or the District of Columbia; and
(e) The term practice means transacting any business with the Office, including:
(1) The representation of another person at any adjudicatory, investigatory, removal or rulemaking proceeding conducted before the Office, a presiding officer or the Office's staff, including those proceedings covered in parts 508, 509, 510, and 512 of this chapter;
(2) The preparation of any statement, opinion, financial statement, appraisal report, audit report, or other document or report by any attorney, accountant, appraiser or other licensed expert which is filed with or submitted to the Office, with such expert's consent or knowledge in connection with any application or other filing with the Office;
(3) A presentation to the Office, a presiding officer or the Office's staff at a conference or meeting relating to an association's or other person's rights, privileges or liabilities under the laws administered by the Office and rules and regulations promulgated thereunder;
(4) Any business correspondence or communication with the Office, a presiding officer or the Office's staff; and
(5) The transaction of any other formal business with the Office on behalf of another, in the capacity of an attorney, accountant, appraiser or other licensed expert.