12 CFR 545.95 - What processing procedures apply to my home or branch office application or notice?
(1)Publication and posting requirements.
(i) You must publish a public notice of your application or notice in accordance with the procedures in subpart B of part 516 of this chapter. Promptly after publication, you must transmit copies of the public notice and the publisher's affidavit to OTS.
(ii) If you propose to change the location of an existing office, you must also post a notice of the application in a prominent location in the office to be relocated. You must post the notice for 30 days from the date of publication of the initial public notice.
(2)Comment procedures. Commenters may submit comments on your application or notice in accordance with the procedures in subpart C of part 516 of this chapter.
(3)Meeting procedures. OTS may arrange a meeting in accordance with the procedures in subpart D of part 516 of this chapter.
(4)OTS Review. OTS will process your application or notice in accordance with the procedures in subpart E of part 516 of this chapter. The applicable review period for applications filed under standard treatment is 30 days rather than the time period specified at § 516.270(a) of this chapter.
(1) OTS will approve an application (or not object to a notice), if your overall policies, condition, and operations afford no basis for supervisory objection.
(i) You should meet or exceed minimum capital requirements under part 567 of this chapter and should be at least adequately capitalized as described in § 565.4(b)(2) of this chapter, before and immediately after the proposed action. If you are undercapitalized as described in § 565.4(b)(3), OTS will deny your application (or disapprove your notice), unless the proposed action is otherwise permitted under section 38(e)(4) of the FDIA.
(ii) OTS will evaluate your record of helping to meet the credit needs of your entire community, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods, under part 563e of this chapter. OTS may:
(A) Deny your application or disapprove your notice based upon this evaluation; or
(B) Impose a condition to the approval of your application (or non-objection to your notice) requiring you to improve specific practices and/or aspects of your performance under part 563e of this chapter. In most cases, a commitment to improve will not be sufficient to overcome a seriously deficient record.
(2) In reviewing your application and notice, OTS may consider information available from any source, including any comments submitted by interested parties or views expressed by interested parties at meetings with OTS.
(3) OTS may approve an amendment to your charter in connection with a home office relocation under this section.
(c)Expiration of OTS approval.
(1) You must open or relocate your office within twelve months of OTS approval of your application (or the date of OTS non-objection to your notice), unless OTS prescribes another time period. OTS may extend the time period if it determines that you are making a good-faith effort to promptly open or relocate the proposed office.
(2) If you do not open or relocate the proposed office within this time period, you must comply with the application and notice requirements of this section before you may open or relocate the proposed office.
- 12 CFR 516.70 — Where Must I Publish the Public Notice?
- 12 CFR 545.93 — Application and Notice Requirements for Branch and Home Offices.
- 12 CFR 575.14 — Subsidiary Holding Companies.
- 12 CFR 552.4 — Charter Amendments.
- 12 CFR 545.91 — Home Office.
- 12 CFR 545.92 — Branch Offices.
- 12 CFR 544.2 — Charter Amendments.