12 CFR 558.1 - Procedure upon taking possession.
(a) The conservator or receiver for a Federal or state savings association shall take possession of the savings association by taking possession of the principal office of the Federal or state savings association in accordance with the terms of the Director's appointment.
(b) Upon taking possession, the conservator or receiver shall immediately:
(1) Take possession of the savings association's books, records and assets.
(2) Notify in writing, served personally or by registered mail or telegraph, all persons and entities that the conservator or receiver knows to be holding or in possession of assets of the savings association, that the conservator or receiver has succeeded to all rights, titles, powers and privileges of the savings associations.
(3) File with the Corporate Secretary a statement that possession was taken, including the time of the taking, which statement shall be conclusive evidence thereof.
(4) Post a notice on the door of the principal and other offices of the savings association in the form prescribed by the Director of the OTS.
(5) By operation of law and without any conveyance or other instrument, act or deed, succeed to the rights, titles, powers and privileges of the savings association, and to the rights, powers, and privileges of its stockholders, members, accountholders, depositors, officers, and directors. No stockholder, member, accountholder, depositor, officer or director shall thereafter have or exercise any right, power, or privilege, or act in connection with any of the savings association's assets or property.