12 CFR 563.76 - Offers and sales of securities at an office of a savings association.
(a) A saving association may not offer or sell debt or equity securities issued by the association or an affiliate of the association at an office of the association; except that equity securities issued by the association or an affiliate in connection with the association's conversion from the mutual to stock form of organization in a conversion approved pursuant to part 563b of this chapter may be offered and sold at the association's offices: Provided, That:
(1) The Regional Director does not object on supervisory grounds that the offer and sale of the securities at the offices of the association;
(2) No commissions, bonuses, or comparable payments are paid to any employee of the savings association or its affiliates or to any other person in connection with the sale of securities at an office of a savings association; except that compensation and commissions consistent with industry norms may be paid to securities personnel of registered broker-dealers;
(3) No offers or sales are made by tellers or at the teller counter, or by comparable persons at comparable locations;
(4) Sales activity is conducted in a segregated or separately identifiable area of the savings association's offices apart from the area accessible to the general public for the purposes of making or withdrawing deposits;
(5) Offers and sales are made only by regular, full-time employees of the savings association or by securities personnel who are subject to supervision by a registered broker-dealer;
(6) An acknowledgment, in the form set forth in paragraph (c) of this section, is signed by any customer to whom the security is sold in the savings association's offices prior to the sale of any such securities;
(7) A legend that the security is not a deposit or account and is not federally insured or guaranteed appears conspicuously on the security and in all offering documents and advertisements for the securities; the legend must state in bold or other prominent type at least as large as other textual type in the document that “This security is not a deposit or account and is not federally insured or guaranteed”; and
(8) The savings association will be in compliance with its current capital requirements upon completion of the conversion stock offering.
(b) Securities sales practices, advertisements, and other sales literature used in connection with offers and sales of securities by savings associations shall be subject to § 563g.10 of this chapter.
(c) Offers and sales of securities of a savings association or its affiliates in any office of the savings association must use a one-page, unambiguous, certification in substantially the following form:
FORM OF CERTIFICATION
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS SECURITY IS NOT A DEPOSIT OR ACCOUNT AND IS NOT FEDERALLY INSURED, AND IS NOT GUARANTEED BY [insert name of savings association] OR BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
If anyone asserts that this security is federally insured or guaranteed, or is as safe as an insured deposit, I should call the Office of Thrift Supervision Regional Director [insert Regional Director's name and telephone number with area code].
I further certify that, before purchasing the [description of security being offered] of [name of issuer, name of savings association and affiliation to issuer (if different)], I received an offering circular.
The offering circular that I received contains disclosure concerning the nature of the security being offered and describes the risks involved in the investment, including:
[List briefly the principal risks involved and cross reference certain specified pages of the offering circular where a more complete description of the risks is made.]
(d) For purposes of this section, an “office” of an association means any premises used by the association that are identified to the public through advertising or signage using the association's name, trade name, or logo.
[57 FR 46088, Oct. 7, 1992]
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 563.