12 CFR 563d.3b-6 - Liability for certain statements by savings associations.
This section replaces adherence to 17 CFR 240.3b-6 and applies as follows:
(a) A statement within the coverage of paragraph (b) of this section which is made by or on behalf of an issuer or by an outside reviewer retained by the issuer shall be deemed not to be a fraudulent statement (as defined in paragraph (d) of this section), unless it is shown that such statement was made or reaffirmed without a reasonable basis or was disclosed other than in good faith.
(1) A forward-looking statement (as defined in paragraph (c) of this section) made in a proxy statement or offering circular filed with the Office under part 563b of this chapter; in a registration statement filed with the Office under the Act on Form 10 (17 CFR 249.210); in part I of a quarterly report filed with the Office on Form 10-Q (17 CFR 241.308a); in an annual report to shareholders meeting the requirements of § 563d.1 of this part, particularly 17 CFR 240.14a-3 (b) and (c) or 17 CFR 240.14c-3 (a) and (b) under the Act; in a statement reaffirming such forward-looking statement subsequent to the date the document was filed or the annual report was made publicly available; or a forward-looking statement made prior to the date the document was filed or the date the annual report was made publicly available if such statement is reaffirmed in a filed document or annual report made publicly available within a reasonable time after the making of such forward-looking statement: Provided, That
(A) The issuer is subject to the reporting requirements of section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Act and has complied with the requirements of 17 CFR 240.13a-1 or 240.15d-1 thereunder, if applicable, to file its most recent annual report on Form 10-K; or
(B) If the issuer is not subject to the reporting requirements of section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Act, the statements are made either in a registration statement filed under the Securities Act of 1933 or pursuant to section 12 (b) or (g) of the Act, or in a proxy statement or offering circular filed with the Office under part 563b of this chapter if such statements are reaffirmed in a registration statement under the Act on Form 10, filed with the Office within 180 days of the savings association's conversion, and
(ii) The statements are not made by or on behalf of an issuer that is an investment company registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940;
(2) Information (i) relating to the effects of changing prices on the business enterprise presented voluntarily or pursuant to item 303 of Regulation S-K (17 CFR 229.303), management's discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations, or item 302 of Regulation S-K (17 CFR 229.302), supplementary financial information, and (ii) disclosed in a document filed with the Office or in an annual report to shareholders meeting the requirements of 17 CFR 240.14a-3 (b) and (c) or 17 CFR 240.14c-3 (a) and (b) under the Act: Provided, That such information included in a proxy statement or offering circular filed pursuant to part 563b of this chapter shall be reaffirmed in a registration statement under the Act on Form 10 filed with the Office within 180 days of the association's conversion.
(c) For purposes of this section, the term “forward-looking statement” shall mean and shall be limited to:
(1) A statement containing a projection of revenues, income (loss), earnings (loss) per share, capital expenditures, dividends, capital structure, or other financial items;
(3) A statement of future economic performance contained in management's discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations pursuant to item 303 of Regulation S-K; or
(4) A statement of the assumptions underlying or relating to any of the statements described in paragraph (c)(1), (c)(2), or (c)(3) of this section.
(d) For purposes of this section, the term “fraudulent statement” shall mean a statement which is an untrue statement of a material fact, a statement false or misleading with respect to any material fact, an omission to state a material fact necessary to make a statement not misleading, or which constitutes the employment of a manipulative, deceptive, or fraudulent device, contrivance, scheme, transaction, act, practice, course of business, or an artifice to defraud, as those terms are used in the Securities Act of 1933 or the rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 563d.