12 CFR 563e.43 - Content and availability of public file.
(a) Information available to the public. A savings association shall maintain a public file that includes the following information:
(1) All written comments received from the public for the current year and each of the prior two calendar years that specifically relate to the savings association's performance in helping to meet community credit needs, and any response to the comments by the savings association, if neither the comments nor the responses contain statements that reflect adversely on the good name or reputation of any persons other than the savings association or publication of which would violate specific provisions of law;
(2) A copy of the public section of the savings association's most recent CRA Performance Evaluation prepared by the OTS. The savings association shall place this copy in the public file within 30 business days after its receipt from the OTS;
(3) A list of the savings association's branches, their street addresses, and geographies;
(4) A list of branches opened or closed by the savings association during the current year and each of the prior two calendar years, their street addresses, and geographies;
(5) A list of services (including hours of operation, available loan and deposit products, and transaction fees) generally offered at the savings association's branches and descriptions of material differences in the availability or cost of services at particular branches, if any. At its option, a savings association may include information regarding the availability of alternative systems for delivering retail banking services (e.g., ATMs, ATMs not owned or operated by or exclusively for the savings association, banking by telephone or computer, loan production offices, and bank-at-work or bank-by-mail programs);
(6) A map of each assessment area showing the boundaries of the area and identifying the geographies contained within the area, either on the map or in a separate list; and
(7) Any other information the savings association chooses.
(b) Additional information available to the public -
(1) Savings associations other than small savings associations. A savings association, except a small savings association or a savings association that was a small savings association during the prior calendar year, shall include in its public file the following information pertaining to the savings association and its affiliates, if applicable, for each of the prior two calendar years:
(i) If the savings association has elected to have one or more categories of its consumer loans considered under the lending test, for each of these categories, the number and amount of loans:
(A) To low-, moderate-, middle-, and upper-income individuals;
(B) Located in low-, moderate-, middle-, and upper-income census tracts; and
(C) Located inside the savings association's assessment area(s) and outside the savings association's assessment area(s); and
(ii) The savings association's CRA Disclosure Statement. The savings association shall place the statement in the public file within three business days of its receipt from the OTS.
(2) Savings associations required to report Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data. A savings association required to report home mortgage loan data pursuant to part 203 of this title shall include in its public file a copy of the HMDA Disclosure Statement provided by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council pertaining to the savings association for each of the prior two calendar years. In addition, a savings association that elected to have the OTS consider the mortgage lending of an affiliate for any of these years shall include in its public file the affiliate's HMDA Disclosure Statement for those years. The savings association shall place the statement(s) in the public file within three business days after its receipt.
(i) The savings association's loan-to-deposit ratio for each quarter of the prior calendar year and, at its option, additional data on its loan-to-deposit ratio; and
(ii) The information required for other savings associations by paragraph (b)(1) of this section, if the savings association has elected to be evaluated under the lending, investment, and service tests.
(4) Savings associations with strategic plans. A savings association that has been approved to be assessed under a strategic plan shall include in its public file a copy of that plan. A savings association need not include information submitted to the OTS on a confidential basis in conjunction with the plan.
(5) Savings associations with less than satisfactory ratings. A savings association that received a less than satisfactory rating during its most recent examination shall include in its public file a description of its current efforts to improve its performance in helping to meet the credit needs of its entire community. The savings association shall update the description quarterly.
(c) Location of public information. A savings association shall make available to the public for inspection upon request and at no cost the information required in this section as follows:
(1) At the main office and, if an interstate savings association, at one branch office in each state, all information in the public file; and
(2) At each branch:
(i) A copy of the public section of the savings association's most recent CRA Performance Evaluation and a list of services provided by the branch; and
(ii) Within five calendar days of the request, all the information in the public file relating to the assessment area in which the branch is located.
(d) Copies. Upon request, a savings association shall provide copies, either on paper or in another form acceptable to the person making the request, of the information in its public file. The savings association may charge a reasonable fee not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing (if applicable).
(e) Updating. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a savings association shall ensure that the information required by this section is current as of April 1 of each year.