12 CFR 565.7 - Directives to take prompt corrective action.
(a) Notice of intent to issue a directive—(1) In general. The OTS shall provide an undercapitalized, significantly undercapitalized, or critically undercapitalized savings association or, where appropriate, any company that controls the savings association, prior written notice of the OTS's intention to issue a directive requiring such savings association or company to take actions or to follow proscriptions described in section 38 that are within the OTS's discretion to require or impose under section 38 of the FDI Act, including sections 38(e)(5), (f)(2), (f)(3), or (f)(5). The savings association shall have such time to respond to a proposed directive as provided by the OTS under paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) Immediate issuance of final directive. If the OTS finds it necessary in order to carry out the purposes of section 38 of the FDI Act, the OTS may, without providing the notice prescribed in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, issue a directive requiring a savings association or any company that controls a savings association immediately to take actions or to follow proscriptions described in section 38 that are within the OTS's discretion to require or impose under section 38 of the FDI Act, including section 38(e)(5), (f)(2), (f)(3), or (f)(5). A savings association or company that is subject to such an immediately effective directive may submit a written appeal of the directive to the OTS. Such an appeal must be received by the OTS within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the directive, unless the OTS permits a longer period. The OTS shall consider any such appeal, if filed in a timely matter, within 60 days of receiving the appeal. During such period of review, the directive shall remain in effect unless the OTS, in its sole discretion, stays the effectiveness of the directive.
(1) A statement of the savings association's capital measures and capital levels;
(2) A description of the restrictions, prohibitions or affirmative actions that the OTS proposes to impose or require;
(3) The proposed date when such restrictions or prohibitions would be effective or the proposed date for completion of such affirmative actions; and
(4) The date by which the savings association or company subject to the directive may file with the OTS a written response to the notice.
(c) Response to notice—(1) Time for response. A savings association or company may file a written response to a notice of intent to issue a directive within the time period set by the OTS. The date shall be at least 14 calendar days from the date of the notice unless the OTS determines that a shorter period is appropriate in light of the financial condition of the savings association or other relevant circumstances.
(i) An explanation why the action proposed by the OTS is not an appropriate exercise of discretion under section 38;
(iii) Any other relevant information, mitigating circumstances, documentation, or other evidence in support of the position of the savings association or company regarding the proposed directive.
(3) Seek additional information or clarification of the response from the savings association or company, or any other relevant source.
(e) Failure to file response. Failure by a savings association or company to file with the OTS, within the specified time period, a written response to a proposed directive shall constitute a waiver of the opportunity to respond and shall constitute consent to the issuance of the directive.
(f) Request for modification or rescission of directive. Any savings association or company that is subject to a directive under this part may, upon a change in circumstances, request in writing that the OTS reconsider the terms of the directive, and may propose that the directive be rescinded or modified. Unless otherwise ordered by the OTS, the directive shall continue in place while such request is pending before the OTS.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 565.