12 CFR 569.1 - Definitions.
As used in this part:
(a) Security holder. The term security holder means any person having the right to vote in the affairs of a savings association by virtue of:
(1) Ownership of any security of the association or
(2) Any indebtedness to the association.
(b) Person. The term person includes, in addition to natural persons, corporations, partnerships, pension funds, profit-sharing funds, trusts, and any other group of associated persons of whatever nature.
(c) Proxy. The term proxy includes every form of authorization by which a person is, or may be deemed to be, designated to act for the security holder in the exercise of his or her voting rights in the affairs of a savings association. Such an authorization may take the form of failure to dissent or object.
(d) Solicit; solicitation. The terms solicit and solicitation refer to:
(1) Any request for a proxy whether or not accompanied by or included in a form of proxy;
(2) Any request to execute, not execute, or revoke a proxy; or
(3) The furnishing of a form of proxy or other communication to security holders under circumstances reasonably calculated to result in the procurement, withholding, or revocation of a proxy.