12 CFR 570.4 - Issuance of orders to correct deficiencies and to take or refrain from taking other actions.
(a) Notice of intent to issue order—(1) In general. The OTS shall provide a savings association prior written notice of the OTS's intention to issue an order requiring the savings association to correct a safety and soundness deficiency or to take or refrain from taking other actions pursuant to section 39 of the FDI Act. The savings association shall have such time to respond to a proposed order as provided by the OTS under paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) Immediate issuance of final order. If the OTS finds it necessary in order to carry out the purposes of section 39 of the FDI Act, the OTS may, without providing the notice prescribed in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, issue an order requiring a savings association immediately to take actions to correct a safety and soundness deficiency or to take or refrain from taking other actions pursuant to section 39. A savings association that is subject to such an immediately effective order may submit a written appeal of the order to the OTS. Such an appeal must be received by the OTS within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the order, unless the OTS permits a longer period. The OTS shall consider any such appeal, if filed in a timely manner, within 60 days of receiving the appeal. During such period of review, the order shall remain in effect unless the OTS, in its sole discretion, stays the effectiveness of the order.
(1) A statement of the safety and soundness deficiency or deficiencies that have been identified at the savings association;
(2) A description of any restrictions, prohibitions, or affirmative actions that the OTS proposes to impose or require;
(3) The proposed date when such restrictions or prohibitions would be effective or the proposed date for completion of any required action; and
(4) The date by which the savings association subject to the order may file with the OTS a written response to the notice.
(c) Response to notice—(1) Time for response. A savings association may file a written response to a notice of intent to issue an order within the time period set by the OTS. Such a response must be received by the OTS within 14 calendar days from the date of the notice unless the OTS determines that a different period is appropriate in light of the safety and soundness of the savings association or other relevant circumstances.
(i) An explanation why the action proposed by the OTS is not an appropriate exercise of discretion under section 39 of the FDI Act;
(iii) Any other relevant information, mitigating circumstances, documentation, or other evidence in support of the position of the savings association regarding the proposed order.
(3) Seek additional information or clarification of the response from the savings association, or any other relevant source.
(e) Failure to file response. Failure by a savings association to file with the OTS, within the specified time period, a written response to a proposed order shall constitute a waiver of the opportunity to respond and shall constitute consent to the issuance of the order.
(f) Request for modification or rescission of order. Any savings association that is subject to an order under this subpart may, upon a change in circumstances, request in writing that the OTS reconsider the terms of the order, and may propose that the order be rescinded or modified. Unless otherwise ordered by the OTS, the order shall continue in place while such request is pending before the OTS.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 570.