12 CFR 571.41 - Definitions.
For purposes of this subpart and Appendix E of this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) Reflects the terms of and liability for the account or other relationship;
(2) Reflects the consumer's performance and other conduct with respect to the account or other relationship; and
(3) Identifies the appropriate consumer.
(b)Direct dispute means a dispute submitted directly to a furnisher (including a furnisher that is a debt collector) by a consumer concerning the accuracy of any information contained in a consumer report and pertaining to an account or other relationship that the furnisher has or had with the consumer.
(3) Is a consumer to whom the furnished information pertains; or
(4) Is a neighbor, friend, or associate of the consumer, or another individual with whom the consumer is acquainted or who may have knowledge about the consumer, and who provides information about the consumer's character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living in response to a specific request from a consumer reporting agency.
(d)Identity theft has the same meaning as in 16 CFR 603.2(a).
(2) Is furnished in a form and manner that is designed to minimize the likelihood that the information may be incorrectly reflected in a consumer report; and
(3) Includes the information in the furnisher's possession about the account or other relationship that OTS has:
(i) Determined that the absence of which would likely be materially misleading in evaluating a consumer's creditworthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living; and
(ii) Listed in section I.(b)(2)(iii) of Appendix E of this part.
Title 12 published on 2015-12-05.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 571.