12 CFR 573.8 - Revised privacy notices.
(a) General rule. Except as otherwise authorized in this part, you must not, directly or through any affiliate, disclose any nonpublic personal information about a consumer to a nonaffiliated third party other than as described in the initial notice that you provided to that consumer under § 573.4, unless:
(1) You have provided to the consumer a clear and conspicuous revised notice that accurately describes your policies and practices;
(2) You have provided to the consumer a new opt out notice;
(3) You have given the consumer a reasonable opportunity, before you disclose the information to the nonaffiliated third party, to opt out of the disclosure; and
(4) The consumer does not opt out.
(b) Examples. (1) Except as otherwise permitted by §§ 573.13, 573.14, and 573.15, you must provide a revised notice before you:
(iii) Disclose nonpublic personal information about a former customer to a nonaffiliated third party, if that former customer has not had the opportunity to exercise an opt out right regarding that disclosure.
(2) A revised notice is not required if you disclose nonpublic personal information to a new nonaffiliated third party that you adequately described in your prior notice.
(c) Delivery. When you are required to deliver a revised privacy notice by this section, you must deliver it according to § 573.9.
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.